Hey guys, This is Prabhakar Alok. I am the Founder of Digiwalebabu and SEOBizRank
So, Today I am going to write a blog on “How to rank a new website“.
Before start, please see the checklist of:
How To Rank A Website On Google
- Identify Your Niche Market
- Find The Best Keyword
- Do Competitors Research
- Write A Long Article With Quality Content
- On Page SEO Checklist
- Do Proper On Page SEO Activity
- Do Off Page SEO Activity
- Off Page SEO Checklist
- Keep Patience And See The Game
Nowadays, many bloggers, services provider companies wanted to see their websites / blog posts on the top of google serp (search engine result page).
In my back days, I also wanted to see my name as a Best Digital Marketer In India on the top of serp.
With the help of local seo / Google my listing business I was able to rank this keyword on top of Google Map! Read Here
So, Today I will tell you step by step that how I achieved this things in sort period of time.
As a newbie, we always wanted or have a curious to know that
How To Do SEO For A New Website
See, the logic is simple, when we have to rank this keyword “how to do seo for a new website” first we need to work on our niche!
#1. Choose Your Niche Market
So, you must be thinking, What is Niche Market?
-> According to Wikipedia, A niche is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focused.
-> A niche website is an online resource that focuses on a particular interest, topic or theme that is common to a narrow group people in a larger market.
Lets understand this with some analogy.
You can go through my blog post, you will find most of the article is written on SEO and related to SEO. So, my interest is in SEO and I write in this domain only!
#2. Find The Best Keyword That You Want To Rank
Before writing any blog post or any article,I recommend to do a complete research on finding right keywords.
Keyword research plays an important role in SEO. You can get the idea that on what keyword you want to rank on top of the SERP.
so, you must be thinking that How to find right keywords?
There are various online seo tools that you can easily find a good set of keywords.
Have a look on list of keyword research tools:
- Keyword Planner
- Google Autosuggestions
- Competitors Website / Blog posts
With the help of these tools, you can easily find best fit keyword for your blog posts which you want to rank on google.
How I do keyword research?
Well, its very simple. I first make a mind that on which keyword I want to rank my post.
- I use Keyword Planner and retrieve relevant keywords.
- I will search that keyword on google and make a list of top 20 websites and analyses the competitors keywords by using some chrome extensions. Look at the video (Its in Hindi)
- Now, After collecting keyword, I will open google spreadsheet and paste those keywords.
- For example: I am writing this bog and Yes I did research on keywords and made a list of keywords which I want to rank my blog post.
#3. Do Competitors Research
Before writing any blog! we need to do competitors research a lot. There are various parameters which you can look at.
How can we do or what criteria we should look for competitors research?
There are lot of Competitors research checklist.
- Website Design Layout
- Image Optimization
- Use Of CTA
- On Page SEO Analysis (You will find in the above video)
- Off page SEO analysis
- Check Backlinks
- Check Content (Original or not)
- Check Content length.
- Analyze their landing page
- Discover their keywords on which they are ranking
So, these are the basics Competitors research checklist you need to deal with.
#4. Write A Long Article With Quality Content
Write as much as you can. Google baba known for providing information to the users. They work mostly on relevancy factors.
You need to write at least 1000 words of article. If you are new to blogging, I will suggest to write around 2000 words of content on your blog post.
Now, What type of content should I write?
- Content must be original
- Content must be educative
- Content must be informative
- Content must not be copied from anywhere
- Content must be Unique
- Content must be relevant
- SEO friendly content
- Avoid use of bad words or any abusive words in the content
Tip:- You can easily check your article by using SEMRush SEO Content Writing Assistant!
Watch this video for detail knowledge about SEMRush SEO Content Writing Assistant.
#5. On Page SEO Checklist
- Publish Quality and Unique Content
- Optimize Heading Tags
- Proper Use of H1 tags
- Do internal linking practice
- Insert External Link
- Avoid Cloaking Technique
- Optimize the webpage contents
- Try to improve webpage loading speed.
- Remove unwanted plugins
- Write keyword oriented Site Title
- Write keyword oriented meta descriptions
- Add meta tags
- Add featured images
- You can add table of contents
- Insert the targeted keywords.
#6. Do Proper On Page SEO Techniques
First of all, we need to understand On page SEO.
On-page SEO is the process of optimizing the website layouts and content of a webpages.
Basically the goal of an on-page SEO is to tell the the ‘search engines language’ and help search engine crawlers to understand the meaning and context of webpages.
It is done inside the webpages.
- Publish Quality and Unique Content
When you are into blogging and SEO you need to upload SEO friendly content. A bad quality of content does not survive on google with or without SEO.
- Proper Use of H1 tags
You should use H1 tags only one time in one web page or blog post. Try to use keyword oriented heading tags.
- Do both linking practice
Internal linking and External linking both are important for SEO.
Best Methods For Internal Linking
- Don’t use internal links only on keywords, Add links where is it of use.
- Try to avoid to link not more than 12 links (Its my opinion only)
Best Methods For External Linking
- Try to link authority sites to gain trust on your website
- You can give external link to any high quality related websites from your content. Its a good practice for SEO
- Try to improve webpage loading speed
Audit your website page speed. Click here
View this post on Instagram
🔥 Follow @prabhakaralokseo 🔥 Follow @prabhakaralokseo . . 🙏 Hello Guys, This is Prabhakar Alok. 🙏 😍 Today, We are going to learn some #onpageseotechniques . . 👉 1. SEO Title . 👉 2. Meta Description . 👉 3. Content . 👉 4. Keywords Per Web Page . 👉 5. Role Of Heading Tags Per Web Page . 👉 6. Role Of Focus Keywords Per Web Page . 👉 7. URL Structure . 👉 8. Optimize Images . 👉 9. Have a look at images.
So, from above images you will practically know about how to do On Page SEO.
#7. Off Page SEO Checklist
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking
- Blog Commenting
- Forum Commenting
- Blog post (Blogger & WordPress)
- Web 2.0 Submission
- Article Submission
- Press Release Submissions
- Review Submissions
- Business Profile Creation
- Q & A Submissions
- Document Sharing
- Classified Ads Submission
- Video Submission & Promotion
- Photo Submission & Promotion
- Local Business Listing (Google, Bing @ Local Listing Sites)
- Social Networking
After on page seo, Now we have to do Off page seo. Above are the checklists of Off Page SEO.
Activity which is performed outside the website known as Off Page SEO.
Off page SEO activity helps to boost the organic ranking.
We need to make backlinks from authoritative and relevant sites.
Basically, backlink is used for enhancing your website rankings. It helps to create credibility and increase your website authority on google serp.
So, these are the basics steps you should follow to rank your website on google.
Now, after doing these steps you just need to be calm and patient.
SEO is not about one day game. Its take time to rank a website on google.
If you find this blog post useful, kindly share with your loved ones!