4 Reasons to Start Adding More Content to Your Small Business Website
Today, everyone is talking about the importance of an effective content marketing strategy. But as a small business owner, you probably wonder how content production can benefit your very company.
You want to know whether it’s worth your time and money, don’t you?
In this article, you will find an explanation of why it’s important to add more content to your website. Also, you will get advice on where and how to get fresh content on a regular basis.
Reason #1 – Attract indexing bots
When you publish fresh content, the search engine gets a signal to send web crawlers to your site. Bots start indexing newly added or updated pages within its system.
Well, it doesn’t mean that a dozen new pages will guarantee that you will get higher indexing. But if you show Google that you provide users with relevant, up-to-date content, it will positively influence the ranking.
Let’s consider an example. There are two companies, which operate in the same niche:
- Company X has a website, which consists of eight standard pages: about us, our products, pricing, etc.
- Company Z runs a website with a blog. New articles are published regularly. The number of web pages has already exceeded 150.
How do you think, which of these companies will attract more Google’s search engine bots to its website? It’s not that hard to guess that Company Z will win in this battle. If the quality of produced content is high enough, website Z has all the chances to get to the top of search results.
Reason #2 – Add more keywords
As you know, when you add more keywords, you increase chances to get your website to the top of Google search results. The point is that modern users search for the same content using different words. And you should create more content to cover all possible search queries.
Let’s imagine you own a small travel agency and sell vacation packages to Mexico. You created only three web pages with the keywords “Cancun hotels”, “Cancun flights”, and “Cancun resorts”. You have chosen high competition short-tail keywords, and it’s unlikely that it will help you to drive organic search to your website.
If you want to make your site work for your business, you should change your strategy. You should conduct in-depth keyword research and start adding more content to your website. You may utilize such tools as LSIGraph to generate semantic, long-tail keywords.
Let’s get back to our example. It will be a good idea to stuff your new article with keywords “things to do in Cancun for adults”, “shopping in Cancun”, and “fishing in Cancun”. No doubts that Google will rank this article much higher than your previous posts.
Screenshot source: https://lsigraph.com/analysis/
Reason #3 – Acquire more backlinks
Naturally, if you add more articles to your blog, you will increase your chances to gain more backlinks. High-quality content will attract content creators, and they will link their blog posts to your website.
If you have published one fabulous article and acquired 50 backlinks from trustworthy sources, it’s great. But can you imagine how many backlinks you will get if you publish new articles weekly or daily? Don’t overlook this great opportunity!
If you want to increase your authority potential, you should produce high-quality content day by day. In this way, you will prove to everyone: to Google, competitors, bloggers, customers – that you are an authority in your niche.
Reason #4 – Improve Customer Relationships
The point is that SEO is not the only thing that matters. Today, you can use content as a powerful tool to influence your customers. A high-quality blog can help you to achieve the following objectives:
- Raise brand awareness
- Engage the target audience
- Improve customer loyalty
- Increase sales
- Get feedback
Modern customers tend to make well-informed decisions. They conduct online research before choosing a brand and making a purchase.
And if you want to keep your small business afloat, you should start a blog to provide users with the information they look for. You should craft a perfect content marketing strategy that will form positive attitudes toward your brand.
Let’s consider one more example. Imagine that you have just started your cosmetics business. You offer high-quality organic products. But you find it challenging to make first sales online.
You can change the situation if you add the following articles to your website:
- 10 Things You Should Know About Y Cosmetics Brand. Tell people more about the materials you use in production. Share the story of your company. Get people familiar with your brand and the values you promote.
- The Differences Between Organic and Natural Hair Care. Explain why your products are better than others available in the market.
- 7 Reasons to Start Using Organic Cosmetics. Persuade the target audience to try your product.
- Ultimate Guide to Choose High-Quality Organic Shampoo. Help shoppers to make the right choice.
- 15 Foods for Hair Growth. Provide customers with additional useful information and professional support. Build trust.
If you create content for each stage of the customer journey, you will make your brand to stand out. An effective content marketing strategy will take your small business to the next level.
Where to get fresh content?
Now you know that if you start adding more content to your website, it will benefit your small business. But the question is how to get fresh content on a regular basis. Here you have a few options to choose from:
- Become a content creator. If you are a talented writer or graphic designer, you don’t need someone else’s help. You can run a blog on your own. You can craft textual and visual content by yourself.
- Hire a content creator. If money is no object, you can invite in-house copywriter to join your team.
- Outsource content creation. It’s the most cost-effective solution for small business. You can utilize writing services such as Digiwalebabu – Content Developer in Patna, TrustMyPaper or hire a freelance writer from Upwork. It will not cost you a fortune.
- Accept guest posts. Add “Write for us” section to your site, and you will get fresh content for free. Keep in mind that you should set high requirements for guest posts.
Screenshot source: https://thediplomat.com/write-for-us/
Now you know why you should add more content to your site and where can you get content on a regular basis. It’s time for you to craft a remarkable content marketing strategy and facilitate the growth of your small business.
Thank you for reading.